This morning has been tough...I had to give a 2 weeks notice to the wonderful ladies that have taken precious care of Parker every day for the last 2 years. Parker loves her current daycare. She goes to Animal Krackers and I highly reccomend it. The ladies there are wonderful and Parker gets so excited to go every morning. She especially loves her "Benda"! Brenda loves her like her own child. Parker has even learned all her letters by referring them to kids in her class...that's how much she loves this place.
Well, why are we switching her? Tanner got a new job! Praise God!! He will be the new Economist Planner here at ConocoPhillips and we will be on the same team though I am sure we will maybe see eachother once a week at work. He interviewed a few days before our Rome trip and my boss Mike was nice enough to call us the day we were leaving to offer the job to Tanner so we didn't have to stress on our trip!! Have I mentioned I have the most awesome boss ever?? I work for Mike directly but Tanner will be working for another guy directly. He happens to be my really good friends husband. And he reports to Mike so we are all connected :) We couldn't be any more excited about this new chapter!!!! God is so good all the time!!
Back to the daycare. We live really close to my work. I can get to work in less than 5 minutes. Animal Krackers is downtown so it takes me 22 minutes on a good day to get there. I have been timing it because I was really debating whether to switch Parker. Tanner's "old" job was right next to her daycare so he dropped her off and picked her up most days. Well now that he is going to be working with me it would be out of our way to take her everyday to Animal Krackers. Well during the time Tanner was interviewing I got a call from Midland College daycare saying they had a spot for Parker. I called them when I first found out I was pregnant and haven't talked to them since. So out of the blue they call. Well we live right down the road from Midland College, like 2 minutes away if there is traffic. So we can drop her off and get to work within 7 minutes or so.
So all of this is exciting for us but I really want to look out for my baby girl. I pray pray pray this is what God wants for her. Normally my mommy, gut instinct kicks in and I do feel like this will be a great thing for her. I've heard nothing but wonderful things about Midland College. Though Animal Krackers did say we can bring her back anytime if MC doesn't work out ;)

5 comments:
It will all be great! What wonderful things are happening in your lives! Parker will make new friends (and boyfriends) in no time!!haha!
You are going to love mc. Elizabeth goes there and I am thankful she goes there. It's a great place. Parker is going to have a blast and learn so much. She might even be in e's class. E is moving up to the 2 year olds at the end of the month.
Congrats on the new job...that is exciting! Btw, I am in love with the 23 month pics y'all had taken of Miss Parker! Where, oh where, did y'all have them taken, particularly the turquoise background pic? I desperately want to copy you. :)
Marina, I don't have facebook anymore and Ic an't find your email address. The turquoise wall is kinda hard to find. If you give me your email I will send you the directions.
You rock, Jodi! My email is: marinastanaland@yahoo.com. Thanks!!
Post a Comment