Our sweet little 5 day Bahamas cruise...was a BUST! And to be honest I guess you could say it was my fault in a way. At least I told my family they could blame it on me. We show up at the airport Monday morning with our beach gear on, ready for a relaxing week on a boat. Our little trip was shot about 5 minutes into the airport. As soon as we check in they tell us our flight is delayed...in our plan there was NO ROOM for a delay. We had an hour, at most, to get to our next flight in Houston. So they tell us to go and wait and hopfully the fog in Houston would go away really fast. WRONG. As we wait in the Midland airport for 2 hours we start to realize we are missing this boat. We tried to get other flights...all full...of course, it's Spring Break. We try to catch a plane to the Bahamas to catch up with the boat but my niece doesn't have a passport. She didn't need one to board the ship but would need one to fly to the Bahamas...that idea shot as well. Wow, we are actually missing our boat. I didn't think this really happened to people haha. So why is it my fault? My mom and her best friend insisted we fly down the night before. I told them no way, we can save money and just fly the same day...we have plenty of time. Plus I couldn't imagine leaving my Parker for another day! Big mistake...but you live and learn. Please learn from our mistake...always go down to the port a day early!!!
Well instead of flying back home we decided to stay in Miami. None of us have been there and it was still Spring Break for my neice...afterall, this trip was for her so we had to make it good. I spent our 7 hour layover in Houston on the phone with the insurance people and luckily we are getting fully refunded. This is the one time I was so thankful to have a credit card. We lived off our credit cards for the week haha since we didn't bring much spending money considering the boat was all inclusive. It was Spring Break so it was crazy busy and everything was booked up. Note: Do not go to Miami Beach while big & pregnant!! These girls here were sporting their super cute bikinis, tan bodies and drinking yummy drinks. I was sporting my pregnant one peice, praticially a moo moo and water :(
We stayed on Miami Beach. Luckily a friend Kristen lives there and was able to tell us where to stay and go. The hotels were right on the beach and the food was DELICIOUS. I loved every meal..but maybe that's because I am pregnant. I read 2 great books, my goal was 4 but I wasn't planning on driving all day everyday and constantly seearching my phone for places to stay and things to do and see. I hate to complain but honestly the trip just wasn't the most fun I have had. It was a lot of work for this pregnant chick since I am a big controller and had to plan a week in a matter of 3 hours at a place I haven't been before. We spent 4 nights and came home on Friday. I was so excited to get home to my hubby and daughter. But as soon as we land another catastrophe...they lost our luggage. REALLY?? I keep thinking...what did I do to deserve this. But then quickly think how worse it could be. It's just stuff that can be replaced. My husband and I spent several hours on the phone with United from 5pm Friday until late Saturday night. Sunday morning as I was getting ready for church the doorbell rings...ahhh...it's my Luggage...thank GOD!!
I did manage to snap a few photos of the gorgeous beach. I honestly felt like I was in Mexico the whole time...the water was gorgeous!! Pictures to come...

0 comments:
Post a Comment