We started potty training over 6 months ago, it was so hectic that we had to stop. I just didn't think she was ready. To be honest I like diapers, I think they are way easier but I guess that's the laziness side of me. It just seems so easy to have her in a diaper while you are out and about...because it seems like she always needs to go potty while we are driving, in line at the grocery store, just got our food, etc.
Well a couple weeks ago she was sick and her nose was running like crazy. She kept licking it...gag! So I told her if she ate her snot she would get bugs in her belly. I don't know about you but I remember my parents telling me I would get worms haha..so basically it's their fault :) It worked like a charm and she was quick to run and get a tissue (and still is). I figured one day that maybe I could try it with her diapers. She cried and I felt bad for a few minutes but then realized it worked. We even went to Target that day and let her pick out panties. She of course wanted the Thomas the Train underwear haha. She doesn't even watch Thomas...she just LOVES trains. The only show she watches is Barney, we hardly ever have the TV on and of course they don't have Barney underwear so we went with the days of the week panties and princess ones. Ever since then she has went to the potty. She has had a total of 4 tee tee accidents in 2 weeks!! And hasn't had one in the past 5 days. But I can't really say she is fully potty trained. Now we are trying to master the #2. 2 nights ago I seriously asked 10 times in 15 minutes and she kept saying no, even went and sat on the potty...nothing. 2 minutes later she comes running to me screaming "bugs in my panties, bugs in my panties". I don't get it...it's like she is scared to go #2 on the potty. She freaks out everytime she goes in her panties because she is scared of the "bugs" but it doesn't stop her from doing it. I can always tell when she needs to also, she usually runs off to hide and do her business. Oh and we promised her a popsicle if she went pottied...so now she will go every 5 minutes just to get a new popsicle. I finally had to buy popsicle molds and we made some healthy popsicles since she is eating like 10 a day :)
Anyways, I am so happy we are finally getting this done because I dreaded the potty training stage which hasn't been too awful this time around. And I really dreaded buying 2 things of diapers every week...they seriously make a killing off those things!!! I am in the wrong business.
Parker & Laney in Laney's dance outfits :)

1 comments:
YAY for potty training success!!
Post a Comment