My friend Shelley made a few of us girls a cookbook. She always has easy, fun recipes that are delish! Last night I made my first one. It was so so so good, I even ate leftovers for lunch today & their is still a ton left. You can cut the recipe in half or do the full recipe like I did and invite people over or have lots of leftovers.
Broccoli & Cheese Bake
4 Boneless Chicken Breasts
1/2 block of Velveeta Cheese
2 cups of rice (white or wheat, I used wheat and you couldn't tell)
1/2 stick of butter
8 oz sour cream
1 white onion
1 bundle fresh broccoli
1 can creme of chicken
1/2 cup of milk
First, you want to start cooking your rice. ( I learned my lesson last night..the rice takes the longest.)
Then you want to boil your chicken breasts. Once cooked, shred/cut into pieces and line the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
Melt a 1/2 stick of butter in a pan and sautee your broccoli and onion. Once cooked spread on top of the chicken.
Melt your Velveeta cheese with the milk in a pot. Once melted add your sour cream and creme of chicken until well mixed. Once mixed together poor on top of broccoli/onion layer.
Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes on 350.
** Optional - when about 5 minutes is left, take out sprinkle grated cheese and stick back in. Mine was cheesy enough so I didn't do this part.
ENJOY!

0 comments:
Post a Comment