Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Move Update


This past week was a much anticipated one for a lot of people here at COP. March 1st was a deadline given to us when we first heard of the relocation. It was a date that seemed FOREVER away at the time. It came pretty quick though I have to admit. So on Friday they gave out offer letters to everyone. The letter basically told you your title, supervisor and move date. It then asked for you to check yes, I accept this job & move or no, I decline this move. There are several that declined because they know they have offers here in Midland still with the company. They were able to make spots for a few people. Tanner & I both checked YES. We are saying YES to God and giving over all of our fear & doubt to Him. He has given me a peace about it the past few weeks that has taken a lot of stress off my shoulders. They really need it because my shoulders have been killing me the past couple months. I guess I know exactly where I carry stress :)

Our move date is September 16th. About 75% recieved this move date while the other 25% that are going got a July 1st move date. Most of the July 1st movers have young kids that need to get there to register for school. We are among the few that are happy about the later move date. July is a big birthday month for us and I really wanted to have the kids' birthday parties, here in Midland, before we pack up. This also give us more time...not really sure for what but just more time. A lot of people know they are moving so they are ready to move...now...not months from now.When relocating we go through a relocation company who pretty much walks you through every step. Well we can't start that process until 3 months before our start date in Houston. June 16th is when we can start trying to sell our house and look at houses to buy in Houston. So we have some time.

I hardest part about this is change. I am not good with it but I am trying to be positive. This move will be what we make of it and I want it to be a fun learning adventure for our little family :)

I read this yesterday while waiting for Parker at dance class...

March 4

Refuse to worry! In this world there will always be something enticing you to worry. That is the nature of a fallen, fractured planet: Things are not as they should be. So the temptation to be anxious is constantly with you, trying to worm its way into your mind. The best defense is continual communication with Me, richly seasoned with thanksgiving. Awareness of My Presence fills your min...d with Light and Peace, leaving no room for fear. This awareness lifts you up above your circumstances, enabling you to see problems from My perspective. Live close to Me! Together we can keep the wolves of worry at bay.

“Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?”
—Luke 12:25–26

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
—1 Thessalonians 5:16–18 - http://bit.ly/eF5kSq

0 comments: