Friday, February 1, 2013

Making the move


Well unless we get some awesome job offers soon we will be making the move to Houston! Kinda crazy, exciting and sad all at the same time. I've only lived away for 6 months but got so home sick that I came back. This time I know it will be different because I will have Tanner, my kiddos and work friends as well as friends and family that already live there. 

There is still so much info to come out at work but right now we are guessing our move will be around July or August. We have decided to live in Katy, TX. They have great schools, homes, shopping and everyone says its a big Midland next to a really large city. Tanner and the rest of his team have a work thing in Houston the end of February so we are making it a neighborhood & daycare shopping trip. I have done so much research on Katy that I probably can tell you everything you need to know about that town. Ok, maybe not that much but I have done a ton. My cousin, Renee, and her family live in Katy so she has helped us a lot as well as some old coworkers. I think the biggest transition will be the commute to work and being away from family. Right now we can wake up at 7, get kids ready, fed, dropped off at daycare and to work by 8. Yeah, that will never happen there. I am looking at getting up at 5:30 or so. Trying to find the perfect neighborhood and then a daycare that is on the way to work is a little challenging. I am hoping by making a trip there we will able to be sure. As for family, I don't think I will ever like living away from family but it's not forever...that's what I keep telling myself. With technology these days we will be able to chat all the time and really Houston isn't too far away. A 4th bedroom in our new home is a must for guests :) My granny, aunts, uncles, cousins and their kids (my dads side) all live in Houston so I will still be close to family but nobody can replace my mom & dad :)

The neighborhoods in Katy are amazing. Almost all of them have fun pools, splash pads for kids, lakes, ponds, fun walking trails, etc. We have tried to let go and let God. It's much easier said than done but we are becoming more "ok" with His plan for us. And who knows...His plan might end up being for us to stay here in Midland. My boss is very very nice and has told us plenty of times that if we find jobs here to do what's best for our family and stay. So only time will tell but for now we are going to soak in as much family time as possible and do a lot of house searching :)




2 comments:

Stacey said...

Katy looks like a fun place to live. I understand how you have to do whats best for your family. This August will be two years that we have been in Hobbs, but its not far from Midland. Good luck with all the decisons:)

aquintana said...

I think this is wonderful! A new little chapter for ya'll. I know it will be hard leaving friends and family but what a fun place they have to visit you guys. Good luck with everything. Let's get the kids together before the big move :)