Parker turns 5 in July. We have the option of starting her in school or holding her back for another year. I really think she is ready and so does Tanner so Kindergarten we will start in August!
We took Parker to "Kinder-week" at Scharbauer Elementary last week. We had signed up for the magnet lottery when we thought we were staying in Midland. We got a letter last week that she had been picked for Washington Elementary which is math/science. Knowing that we would be leaving in October/November and she would only get to attend for a few months, we sadly declined. I want a kid that will be there the whole year to be able to take that spot. So since maget was out we enrolled her at our neighborhood school. Back to "Kinder-week"...we showed up and I filled out several papers and then we got a tour of school by the counselor. She was very nice and made us feel comfortable. We will go to "meet the teacher" 2 days before the school starts.
I feel with all the shootings and crazy things going on in the world that I had to ask questions that I wouldn't normally have...sad. I remember the days when our doors opened up to the outside and we left them open when it was hot or cold haha. Now they are on the inside and kept locked with a key.
The Kinder teachers made packets for all the new Kindergarteners so have over the Summer. It included a checklist of things they should know before starting Kinder as well as items to help them practice over the Summer. Parker is not excited at all. You ask her anything about Kindergarten and she bows her head and says "I'm going to miss Lillie". These 2 little girls have no clue all the new friends they are going to meet over their lives. Parker doesn't understand that there will be 6 Kindergarten classes. She actually gets mad and says we don't understand.haha. She is just used to one 4 yr class, one 3yr class and so on at school. She is in for BIG surprise! But I am excited for her to start something new and learn so many new things!
1 week ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment