Monday, December 10, 2012

...Countdown to Christmas


I am definitely enjoying all the festivities, this time of year brings, much more than last year. I was nervous that even the site of my Christmas tree would send me to the toilet haha. Thankfully it doesn't because I love the Christmas tree lit up in the evenings.

We did start the Elf on the Shelf. We did it some last year but this sick momma never moved poor Patch and Parker was too young to understand at all. This year Tanner & I have tried to be more creative but sometimes you just have to hang him from something haha. I am running out of ideas!! And when I do think of a good one I can't do it because we will need to use that space or thing and can't touch the silly thing...I don't like that rule about it...I think I might omit that rule :)
So far he has invaded Parkers stickers and covered his body in them, drank her sprite in the fridge, wrote Parker a sweet message on the computer, gotten into Parkers candy jar, hung from the ceiling fan as well as any other object in the house he can hang from, took a bath with Barbie, etc.



On December 1st we started our Meaningful Christmas family devotional. I went to a party last year where we all made the ornaments pre party and then exchanged them and received a book at the party. Again, I was so sick that I didn't get to share the wonderful ornaments and book with Parker. Some of the ideas are hard to grasp but she looks forward to a new ornament each night and I love teaching her new thoughts about Christmas. My parents didn't teach me the real meaning behind Christmas when I was little. Nothing against my parents..they were amazing parents and we were blessed every Christmas and everday but I didn't learn about Jesus. I want Parker to know about Jesus and that he was born just like the rest of us and that we are celebrating his birthday! So we bought cake mix and icing and I'm hoping by having a party for him and singing Happy Birthday (her favorite) on Christmas will help her "get it".
The book
 Some of our ornaments!

Last Saturday we went to our Children's Christmas Party with our work. Parker was so excited to see Santa and then as we stood in line to see him she freaked!!! But she agreed to sit with Mrs. Clause while brother sat with Santa. I am waiting to see the pics from the photographer! 
That evening we went to the Christmas Parade downtown...Parker, Laney & Kip loved it!! Liam was fast asleep until he heard the big sirens and there went his siren ;) He stayed awake the rest of the time and watched the lights. Even the weather was perfect outside!



2 comments:

Sommer said...

What a legacy you are leaving your precious one's! They have one amazing mommy!!

Stacey said...

WONDERFUL tradtions for your family!!