Thursday, March 11, 2010

8 Months!

P will be 8 months on Sunday! Her & I fly out tomorrow, along with my niece, to Houston. I am a little nervous about flying with her & without Tanner but my dad will be there to meet us and help with luggage so that helps. My dads mother and sisters and all their kids live in Houston. I don’t go down too often but decided I needed to before Parker isn’t a baby anymore. They have never met her! My niece has Spring Break and my dad was already going to be down there for business so we thought to fly down and make a trip out of it.

While we are gone Tanner is going to be very busy on our backyard. His brother is coming in to town to help him out. Our new backyard is much bigger than our old one but it is ALL rock again!! So they are going to clear a spot to build our above ground pool! I’m sure we will stay planted in that thing during the Summer since it gets miserably HOT here and if you know me well you know I HATE heat :) Plus we have a little fish on our hands these days. We are still going to swimming lessons and Parker loves every second. She did cry once on Tuesday because I dunked her when she wasn’t ready. Tanner is the easier one on her…I am more aggressive and just make her go for it. She’s got to learn right?? :) We have a break for Spring Break then continue back up all the through April as of now.

So back to Parker being 8 month!! 8 Months??? I keep thinking…how does she only have 4 months left of bottles, 4 months left of her 1st year, 4 months left of being a “newborn”…I don’t know what it is about 8 months but I just feel like it is so close to 1 year. Tanner & I were just discussing how Parker is turning into a kid, not a little baby anymore. After looking at many feeding schedules I came to the realization I am feeding her way to much...haha…and it shows. So I eliminated one bottle and it’s been working great. I love her rolls, don’t get me wrong, but I don’t want them to be because I’m feeding her too much. She hasn’t been drinking all of her bottles anyways so I think that was a sign that she just wasn’t hungry for that many bottles. She also just got over another ear infection. I am hoping the weather stays good so she can stay well.

We visited Kelview Daycare today. I put Parker on the waiting list when I first found out I was pregnant. I talked to the lady over it almost every month. Well I quit emailing her a few months ago because we loved her current daycare. Well I got a call last week saying she had a spot for Parker. So Tanner & I have been flip flopping over this decision for the past week and it’s driving us CRAZY! We liked Kelview but we also like Animal Krackers and for some reason I want her to go to Kelview because I have heard such great things about it but I have a weird uneasy feeling about it. I don’t know if this is God giving me an answer or if I’m 2nd guessing myself…and we have to have a decision tomorrow. So we shall see…

Parker isn’t doing much more than last time…
* finally in 9 month clothes
* babbling babbling babbling
* can stand very well
* full out laughs!
* Will eat her veggies any day over her fruit
* loves looking in the mirror
* doesn’t have any desire to crawl
* fascinated by the dogs & my jewelry
 * Knows when someone is a stranger to her
*LOVES patty cake & will clap along and will squint her eyes when we are about to say
“Throw em in the pan”
* Will mock some of the things you do
* Can’t get enough of her yogurt bites and apple juice
* Bathtime is still her favorite part of the day!

0 comments: