Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Throwing in the paint brush


We moved into our house a little over a year and half ago. The owners before us were quite funny with their painting…we had an ocean mural in our entry way, a bedroom that was painted like a jungle (every wall), mustangs painted in the garage (which we kept those – kinda cool) and a whole bunch of ugly colors throughout the rest of the house! We got to work as soon as we moved in and have been slowly working on a different room. We have seriously painted every single wall in the house (some walls many times) except for our 2 master bathrooms.

Jungle Room is what we liked to call it

The lovely mural that filled our entry way
One of the cars painted in the garage

Now you can see why we have been busy painting!!

My latest project was the guest bedroom. This was sort of like a junk room for the past year and a half, I had no need to get it decorated since we hardly have company come and stay with us. All our family & friends live here. So while I was off for 8 weeks with Parker I had to have a project. I am and never will be the type to be able to stay at home all day. I think I have some sort of ADD because I can’t sit still for very long, I have to be doing something! So my project was the guest bedroom. I had to rip off the wall-paper border which I was dreading but I finally got it done and got it painted. Normally I would have gone for some fun color but since we aren’t sure how long we will be staying in this house I went with a crème (same color as our Master & Parkers bedroom) so when we do decide to sell all bedrooms will have neutral colors. I LOVE to decorate so I knew I could spruce it up with decorations and color. Here is the before picture of this bedroom. Once I get it all decorated I will post an after picture.


Now, I can say I HATE painting ...I even hate the word Paint. I hope I never have to pick up another paint brush for at least a few years. I would like to change the colors of our Master bathrooms but not enough to repaint them. Looks like they will be staying red for awhile.

Tanner has also been working really hard on growing grass in our backyard. You would think this would be easy but not so much. But after a lot of work we finally have a yard! Before it was all gravel/rocks and a bunch of bushes & plants, kinda southwest style but we wanted a yard for our kiddos and now we have one!

0 comments: