Saturday, August 2, 2014

Almost move time

Right now we are in Ruidoso for our annual trip. My grandparents bought this cabin before I was born. We have come every year since. I love being here. The cool air, horse races, shopping, family time, etc. I was dreading this year only because I know when I return on Monday I will have 4 days to get us moved out and to Austin. Next week will be a whirlwind. I can't even list everything that needs to be done. The kids had their last days at daycare last week so they will be with us while both of us trying to work and pack.
.......But it's not here yet so I will try and enjoy these last 2 days before all the craziness begins. I'm excited. I'm sad. I'm in denial. I honestly feel like I'm getting ready for a long trip. Since I decided to come home every other week to work I haven't been as sad. I will hopefully get to see family & friends as often as I do now. My boss has been amazing and working through obstacles to keep me with my current group. This Wednesday I officially resign from ConocoPhillips. I never thought this day would come...I was in for life! Ha. My contract position with Velosi but working for COP in my same position starts August 11th and I will only be working 3 day work weeks. This new schedule definitely has it's perks! I just thank God for making this transition smooth for me.
More updates next week.

0 comments: