I surprised Tanner with a trip to Washington DC for our 7 year anniversary. It came at the perfect time. After being home with kids for 3 weeks we were very ready. When you are not a stay at home mom, the times you are home with your kiddos for long amounts of time, gets rough.
We normally take beach vacations. This year I wanted something new and my husband is a huge History guy. I always wanted to see the Holocaust Museum in DC so I booked a surprise vacation. I even included his boss on the surprise to make sure he could get off work for those days.
We left last Thursday and came home on Sunday. Though it was a super fast trip it was needed after the hustle and bustle of Christmas. The day we got in it started snowing. We made it to our hotel and ate dinner at the hotel there while watching the snow. It stayed pretty cold the whole time but luckily we got out before the big winter blast came. We even got to watch 3 MOVIES while there. I know that might sound silly but we never watch TV at home...much less a movie with 2 kids. We watched Gravity, Thor 2 (Tanners pick) and Captain Phillips all from the luxury of our suite living room.
Friday our main visits were to the Holocaust Museum and the Capitol. The Holocaust was huge and very informative. You walk through it so quiet because the sadness just weighs on you. I can't believe any human being could treat something that way. After that we headed to the Capitol for our private tour. This was definitely my favorite part. We took a tour with Mike Conoways intern and a new Military liason. We got to take the underground tunnels that connect all the buildings which was pretty neat. They also had some fun stories about the Capitol that I loved hearing and we got to sit in the actual House.
Saturday we visited the Smithsonian. We only made it to 2 museums there...you seriously need like a month to visit everything if not longer. We saw the Air and Space Museum and the Natural History Museum. Both very cool. I liked the Natural History mainly because I wanted to see everything from the movie Night at the Museum. I even saw "Dum Dum".
We headed back Sunday just in time. So many flights were cancelled due to weather.
HAPPY 7 YEARS BABE!! Thanks for putting up with me for this long. You are definitely the calm to my craziness and I love you so much!
1 week ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment