Monday, September 8, 2014

Parker's 1st day of Kinder!

Parker started Kinder 2 weeks ago! She was so excited to start and meet her teacher & new friends. Their school starts pretty early. I remember when we used to start at 8:10AM...well they start at 7:40AM which means we have to wake up pretty early. Our temporary apartment isn't too far but it's a good 10 minute drive without traffic...luckily we are going opposite direction of the major work traffic.
Parker picked out her own clothes and shoes and asked me to curl her hair that morning & then off we went! She didn't cry & mommy didn't cry so it was a success! I was really surprised at myself for not crying but the school was a madhouse and I had Liam with me so I guess I didn't really have a lot of time to think about it. I was really shocked Parker didn't cry. She has been so brave since we have gotten here, I'm so proud of her.  She LOVES her teacher & already met a new little buddy, Maggie. I don't think anyone could replace her bff Lillie (she still talks about her all the time) but I'm glad she found a new little friend. The only bad part is a little boy in her class that calls her names. She comes home every day talking about it. As silly as the names are (Peter Parker and Pepperoni Pizza) it is really bothering her. But she is doing a good job about ignoring it right now according to her teacher. Her teacher says Parker is an excellent listener....are you sure? My Parker? Too bad she doesn't bring that attention home ;)



0 comments: